On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 07:59:05PM +0000, alan c wrote:
> Nicholas Butler wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > In my mind I feel that we could do with something like a new member
> > information pack something which at first does not intimidate with a
> > plethora of things to know but also can serve as a jumping off point
> > from FAQs ( these vary in their usefulness ! ) to Wikis ( Which can
> > become very overwhelming ) and Pod/Screen casts.
>
> I would appreciate having the files available to burn onto a CD to
> offer at Computer fairs  etc etc when also offering K/Ubuntu CDs.

Good idea. Okay, what I'll do is when there's about a CD full - enough to make
it worthwhile -
and enough to have a range of newbie topics covered - I'll make an ISO that has
them all on. I
can also put an autostarting page on it to show how to play them under Windows
and/or Linux.
It's unlikely to be any time before christmas at this rate. I reckon I can
churn out about one a
night if they are fairly short and are easy for me to do.

> A how-to video/s such as these will jump start more than a newbies
> knowledge. It adds a very powerful credibility to what they may
> hopefully already have heard - it is not a distro from Mars, it is for
> human beings.

Cool, don't forget to make suggestions as to what you think should go in them.
I'm basically
working through my own list, but if anyone suggests *simple* topics for
recording I'll consider
it.

Cheers,
Al.