** Nik Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-04-19 15:48]:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2007-April/000102.html
> I imagine it will be duplicated across the lists but for those on this
> list not following the Announce list you may want to know its currently
> "officially" released and you should be able to grab images, update
> installations and generally update your Ubuntu urges right now.
** end quote [Nik Butler]

OK, I have to say I'm a little confused at todays faltering release. The
post you quote is from around 15:18, and there has been chatter all over
the place about the last minute delays in release. However...

I started downloading shortly before lunch, and on refreshing nothing
changed (in terms of date/time stamps on the .iso images, jigdo, etc.)
from when I originally loaded the pagea mid morning.  I have just
checked the md5sums on the iso I've downloaded and they match the
website as it is now. I also note that the iso is timestamped with 14:44
on the 15th.

So given that it is now the 20th and the timestamp on the file is from 5
days ago, what has changed to allow the release? I read that it was a
bug that delayed things, but the timestamps on all the files, bar the
jigdo and torrent files in most cases, are a few days old. Does this
mean that the .iso files aren't fixed yet and should be avoided?

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/

Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028

Registered Office:

Crawford House, Hambledon Road, Denmead, Waterlooville, Hants., PO7 6NU