On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 07:29 +0100, I C McNab wrote:
> TheVeech wrote:
> >> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 22:16 +0100, Robin Menneer wrote:
> [SNIP]
> >> Nowadays (IIRC like Alan Pope) I'm sticking to GNOME programs,
> >> avoiding KDE. I use laptops as a rule, so this prevents resource
> >> waste seeing as though there's only one task I rely on -
> >> mindmapping - that isn't well covered by GNOME.
>
> I noticed your mention of mindmapping.  What app do you use?
>
> --
> Ian

Hi.  I've used:

Vym
http://www.insilmaril.de/vym/

Kdissert
http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert.html

and
Freemind
http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert.html

There's some other apps that look interesting, but these three seem to
be the major ones.  I've heard OO.org being recommended, too, but this
slows down the process.  I didn't rate Vym.  Kdissert I preferred out of
all of them, but I can't justify installing the KDE libraries for one or
two applications.  Freemind, I'm waiting for version 0.9.0, which will
hopefully work with java 6.

There is a GNOME app: Labyrinth, I think, but, IIRC, it's in a very
early stage of development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mind_Mapping_software