Javad Ayaz wrote:
> how is it network support and price wise though?

It's completely SIM free.
It should work on all UK networks, with the possible exception of "3".
If you are on 3 you might need to do some research.

(Like putting your SIM in a non-3g unlocked phone and seeing whether it
works - I'm not sure how 3 works - whether they have normal gsm coverage)

> i dont think the  networks in the UK support it.

I have it working on o2 and my russian MTS sim cards work in it, in
addition I have two deactivated prepay vodafone & orange sims who seem
to work.

> And £200 plus i doubt if anyone wants to buy it specially if free-er versions
> that do the same thing are available!

https://www.truebox.co.uk/trueboxportal/index.php?wk=Openmoko

~£270 - I think one of great things about the phone is knowing you are
part of a community making GNU/Linux on the mobile a reality.
Sure manufacturers have based some phone on GNU/Linux for a while, but
none have really offered many options about what you can do with it.

In my opinion, it is a nice piece of kit (hardware) with massive
potential (software) and a great starting point (the version of openmoko
i'm currently running)

:)

Tim

--