John Levin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm considering getting a new desktop. I'm considering one from Dell,
> but can't find any reviews of their ubuntu-ized Inspiron (everyone seems
> to be talking about the laptops).
>
> Does anyone on this list have one? Can they tell me
> 1: if it can handle two monitors?
> 2: how loud it is?
>
> Dual monitors and noise levels are the two most important things to me,
> so if you have any tips for where to look, I'd be much obliged.
>
> TIA
>
> John

Well I can't speak for the Inspirons themselves but the Dell Latitude
notebooks were very quiet and they did support two monitors (at least a
mirrored display on Ubuntu, I'd presume that they would support
Xinearama or whatever it's called too - at least my old D610 had an ATI
Chipset which was supported by both free/non free drivers).

Rob