Being all excited about the release of Intrepid, I decided to upgrade.

Slight snag however. It would seem that there isn't a nvidia driver
(except the recently released beta version, 96.43.09) for my card, a
GeForce 4 Ti 4200, that supports X.Org 1.5.

So I am left with the choice of waiting till 96.43.09 makes it out of
beta and into Intrepid, running without acceleration, or installing the
beta version. (I cancelled the update, for now at least.)

Perhaps it might be time to bite the bullet, and make the freedom loving
choice instead.

For those who might want a wee bit more info..

there is a thread in the forums,

Alberto Milone, has a blog on the subject
http://albertomilone.com/wordpress/?p=212

and the beta release of 96.43.09 is announced here (with download links)

Mark.

--
Question, Confront, Deviate, Destroy ...

Justified. What's Your Poison?