On 13/02/2009 10:57, Chris Weaver wrote:
> We only a small community station so there are about ten machines to move
> otver.
>
> We've never used the commercial systems such as Myriad. Our playout
> system is something slightly more modest, iTunes!
>
> Moving over software wise is pretty simple. Wine can handle the "must
> have" Windows apps.
>
> - Chris

Ahh I see.  Well if you're moving over to Ubuntu you might be interested
in Rivendell, it's a full featured open source radio playout system.
It's not the easiest thing to get up and running but it's all free
software.  I used it as a radio playout system for another commercial
station I was working for (they were at a county show and wanted to
setup a working radio studio and as we couldn't really take the
commercial kit out of the station this was the best solution).

Rob