Sean Miller wrote:
> I don't think plug-ins get installed in the home directory, do they?
>
> If so, then it presumably would be easy to ditch them... just an "rm
> -rf .mozilla" or whatever the directory is... next time Firefox starts
> it can re-configure itself back to default.

AFAIK, your whole profile for Firefox is in /home/$USER/.mozilla/firefox/

and has a name of the form 'xxxxxxxx.default'  where the x's are a
meaningless sequence of letters and numbers.

If you close Firefox and delete the xxxxxxxx.default directory, Firefox
will create a new 'vanilla' profile when you restart it.  (Extensions
are stored in the particular profile they refer to, so they'll go.  You
will, of course, lose any bookmarks and other personalisations - though
you can save the bookmarks.html file, and restore to your new profile.).
  Anyway, there's no need to reinstall the whole of Firefox if it's not
broken.  I'd be inclined to try deleting the profile first;  you can
always do a complete reinstall if it's really necessary.

HTH

mac