On 04/07/09 20:05, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I am seriously considering installing VirtualBox and would welcome some
> advice on which version to go for. I shall be running Ubuntu 9.04 and
> would like to be able to use USB.

IIRC the USB feature is not available in the OSE supplied in the Ubuntu
Repos.

Youcan download a deb from the VirtualBox website for personal use that
does support USB passthrough:

See, http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions.

I have recently installed the 3.0 version to play with it and seems to
work OK. I am not sure it is totally stable though if you enable some of
the newer features like OpenGL acceleration etc.

HTH

Al