> Although I have no hard evidence ... the truth is out there.

No offense, but by speculating like they do on government's spying in on us
through our computers whilst offering no hard evidence, they rather run the
risk of coming across a little tin-foil hat.
I don't know the Enquirer -- how respected a journal is it?
There are plenty of sound usability, technical, financial, ethical,
political, and security-related reasons to both reject M$ & embrace Ubuntu
with lots of hard evidence to back them -- so many that I doubt I'll ever
get around to worrying on account of article as heavy on paranoia & thin on
corroborating facts as that first link!
Interesting second article, though, cheers.
   Doug.