Hi

It's got to be a good thing to spread the word about Ubuntu 10.4 as far and
wide as is possible, especially since it is an LTS version. I do think,
however, that the message needs to be targeted.

I often go to meetings where I am the only self-employed contractor in
attendance, which means I am the only person taking notes on a laptop running
Linux. The other attendees are usually computer-literate types working for a
number of big companies and government organisations. Although my impromptu
demos of Linux (in my case Xubuntu) regularly generate a lot of interest,
especially when I explain that the OS and applications can be obtained free of
charge, the response I get time and time again is that the IT decision makers
are so Microsoft-centric that no amount of pressure from individuals is going
to make any difference.

A marketing campaign should be targeted specifically at those decision makers,
showing all the benefits to the bottom line of running Ubuntu, and taking care
to point out that it can be professionally supported. Otherwise, there is a
real danger of largely preaching to the converted.

Regards

Nige