On 26/04/10 11:45, Stephen Garton wrote:
> On 26 April 2010 11:40, Markie<mark.curtis.1...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I seem to remember seeing talk of a plugin for F-Spot for facebook. I just
>> had a google around for "fspot facebook" and found a few promising leads. I
>> dont use FB myself so I couldnt check any out. It might serve as a better
>> alternative to using the browser.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> On 26 April 2010 11:22, John Matthews<jake...@sky.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Is anybody on face book, and using google chrome. A couple of days ago,
>>> I went to use the upload tool for pictures and it asked me to down load
>>> a plugin. This plugin says its for Firefox, even though I was in
>>> GoogleChrome. I did download it, and its called FacebookPlugin-1.0.3,
>>> its an upload took, by the looks of things, its even written for Linux.
>>> Trouble is, I am not sure what to do with it. If it is just for FF, or
>>> if it can be used for Google Chrome. It would be good to get the new
>>> upload tool installed, as the old way, one picture at a time, is just
>>> taking so long.
>>>
>>> Can anybody help?
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu User #30817
>>>

>>> --
>>> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
>>

> I gave up on both the Java uploader on the FB site and the F-spot
> plugin (this one was because I fell out with F-spot - the plugin
> itself worked fine!). I now use http://fbuploader.damoxc.net/
> (standalone pyGTK application for uploading photos)
>
> Steve Garton
> http://blog.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk

Hi, talk about fspot being complicated, plus it wont add gallery to FB,
you have to do that yourself and then use the uploader to upload to the
already added gallery. Not easy. :(

I will give that a try now, see how I get on. My problem is, I have a
Facebook profile, attached to that is a Group, then I have a Facebook
Page, all for different things. I know, making things complicatged, but
I only added them as I got more used to Facebook, and its was too late
to change everything.

John.

--
Ubuntu User #30817