Hi Barry,

On 4 June 2010 16:13, e-mail b.drake <b.dr...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> The e-mail I sent to Michael brought a reply from a guy (In Delhi?) asking
> for full details.  I have this morning received the attached.  I think it
> clarifies Dell UK position quite well.  At least they state in writing that
> they ARE prepared to honour the hardware warranty when we have installed
> Ubuntu.  We now need loads of Eurobuntians asking Dell UK to reinstate the
> Ubuntu machines!!!!

Nice work! Thanks for following this through and letting us know, it's
a rather good bit of news for a Friday afternoon! I had a little
trouble reading the attachment, so here's the crux of the mail:-

"However, it is suggested that even if the systems are shipped with
the Windows OS customers can change it to Ubuntu later, though dell
would not support the Ubuntu OS issues, the hardware warranty will not
be affected in anyway. "

Cheers,
Al.