On 21/06/10 19:23, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 21 June 2010 17:24, John Matthews<jake...@sky.com>  wrote:
>
>> It seems that the powers that be with Chrome and Chromium consider its
>> not needed any more.
>>
>> http://googlechromereleases.blogspot...update_17.html
>>

> The url got truncated, I guess you mean:-
>
> http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2010/06/dev-channel-update_17.html
>

>> Why do that, I miss the go button. Will anybody be doing an app to get
>> it back, like there is in FF? Why is it the powers that be break things
>> that dont need breaking.
>>

> I have been using a browser for ~years and I don't recall _ever_
> hitting a go button. It seems so unnatural to me. I find I type stuff
> then press [enter] or [tab] where appropriate to move to the next
> field or enter the data I typed. I find it excruciating to watch
> someone using a browser.
>
> The definition of pain is watching as someone waits for msn.com to
> load (they could hit stop, escape, or even change their home page),
> then clicks the address bar once (they could click multiple times to
> select all) then delete the url by holding down backspace (they could
> just start typing over the top if they selected all as mentioned) and
> then they type the _whole_ url including http:// (when all they really
> need is domain.com) and then they lift their hand off the keyboard,
> find the mouse, and move it to the go button and click.
>
> Painful.
>
> Whereas I tend to press CTRL+T for new tab, type what I want, or just
> a portion of it, wait for the browser to guess (correctly) or I type
> the major part of the URL I need and select from a list then press
> enter. So much faster.
>
> People often say "how on earth did you find that so quickly!?". But
> then never listen when I give them tips on faster browsing. Hey ho! :D
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hi Al,

did you use MS DOS? I never used a pc till about 10 years ago, and most
of it is self taught. I am a mouse person. My hand rarely comes off the
mouse, if I am not typing, so never got to learn the keyboard shortcuts.
I cant remember having a computer that didnt use a mouse, I remember a
friend of mine had one, that he talked about, but I never saw it. I wish
I had, it would make life easier.

I am barely managing to use the pc, never mind learn not to use the
mouse, lol.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817