On 26 August 2010 22:24, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbpli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 26/08/2010 19:25, Kris Douglas wrote:
>>
>> but said because of the computer contract with Research Machines,
>
> My wife works for the largest Educational Publisher in the world and RM
> is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE. They dictate to schools what software they can or
> can't use - any software has to be "validated" by RM in INDIA????? They
> are not out to provide a service to schools - just to empire build and
> make a profit.

>From what I have seen, I can do nothing else but agree with you there,
it's not just the software, they enforce rules on it all, and if those
rules aren't followed they just don't support you. (i.e goodbye Linux
partition on our CPT machines, one was formatted with ubuntu, and the
RM engineer removed it because he thought that was causing the poor
windows performance. -failing to notice it was set to download the
users documents off of the server for each user that logged in.)

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.