On 04/10/10 10:23, javadayaz wrote:
Well it was working fine before...and i havent disabled anything! i will have to check if its somehow manage to disable itself!!!

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Philip Stubbs <phi...@stuphi.co.uk <mailto:phi...@stuphi.co.uk>> wrote:

    On 4 October 2010 09:13, javadayaz <javada...@gmail.com
    <mailto:javada...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    > still awaiting an answer....
    > Why would my keyboard work in the bios settings but not when i
    boot up in
    > normal or when i running a livecd? would this still be related
    to the
    > overheating cpu?

    Some time ago, when I first tried a USB keyboard, there was a setting
    in the BIOS that I had to enable to allow it to work. Not sure what
    the setting was, but until I had fixed it, the behaviour was as you
    describe. I guess with newer hardware, the default will be to expect a
    USB keyboard. Have you looked through all the BIOS options?

    --
    Philip Stubbs

    --
    ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>

Regards

Javad

I have a similar problem, all the numbers on the right hand side wont work. Bought two new keyboards, and they wont work either. Nobody seems to be able to work that one out either, and I cant.

Real pain too.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817