I've got a couple of OO templates which I created, and on 3rd November I
updated them. (I know when I did it, the file has the date on it!) I
saved them with the same name.

If I use File > New > From template, or use the template button on the
toolbar, I get the old version. The only way I can get the latest
version is by choosing File > templates > organise and choosing the
template, then using Save As to create an .odt version rather than
saving it as an updated template.

I know that any day now I'm going to forget, and edit and save it,
overwriting the template. :(

So why is my templates dialogue box loading an old version? (I'm
assuming that this is connected with the auto backup.) And can I correct
it?

I have OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1
on Ubuntu 10.10

TIA
Dianne