On 2 December 2010 18:56, Jacob Mansfield <cyberja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The situation is basicly that I want to be able to send an e-mail (or maby
> use a M$ Outlook plugin) to be able to send an sms to a number that I can
> specify with the message. the modem is a siemens TC65-T. also, if a message
> is recived I need to send it out in an email along with who it is from. I
> did take a look at kannel but I couldn't seem to get it to work
> Jacob Mansfield
> Programmer

I found that the biggest issue with Kannel was getting my head around the
config.  Fortunately the user guide was pretty good:
http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html#AEN425

you can configure Kannel to fire a notification at a URL when a message is
received (also supports keyword routing).  Then it would be a simple task to
write a PHP script to turn the incoming message into an email.

I have no idea what you have tried already, but in order to operate the
modem and route incoming messages you'll need to configure the following
groups in the config file, and there are examples to help you on the link
above:

core
modems
smsc
smsbox
smsbox-route
sms-service

I think that's all, and really should only take a few hours to get it done.

matt