There is an option somewhere in Ubuntu that I set a while ago that means
that when I move my mouse to the left side of the screen, all opens
windows are shown small in a kind of grid on the screen. I can then
click on a window to zoom into that one to use normally.

However, I have completely forgotten how to make or change the setting.
I want to change it or switch it off, as every time I move my mouse near
the top left of the screen to access a File menu in a program,
everything zooms out and I have to select the window of the program I
want. If I keep moving the mouse just a few pixels too far to the left,
it all zooms out again.

How do I access the setting for this? I have looked through everything I
can think of, including Compiz settings and System>Preferences>Appearance.#

I am using Ubuntu 9.04.

David King