> Chris Rowson wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm backing the Linux box up to a Windows server. This
>> in turn gets backed up by a centralised backup system.
>
> I'd be tempted, in that case, to make things simple(r) for yourself if you
> can and just rsync what would need backing up onto some share on the Windows
> box, and join in the general backup regimen, unless there's something
> peculiar to this data that means you need to back it up in some way that the
> general backup scheme can't.
>
> In general, the simpler the backup, the simpler the restore.
>
> --
> Avi

Hi Avi,

You're pretty much right. Centralised backup handles Win Server but I
need to backup the data on the Linux box too, hence shifting data. ATM
the Win box uses a script to 'pull' archive files from the Linux box
using pscp.exe. I looked briefly at rsync but it seemed to require
cygwin deps?

Chris