On 11 June 2011 13:33, J Fernyhough <j.fernyho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Collect dinner money, enter register data, phone parents, send out
> letters - and one of the other tasks is to post newsletters onto the
> school website. When you think about school secretaries you don't
> think about people with technological interest, and they certainly
> aren't going to spend the time reformatting a newsletter in HTML
> format once they've made it in Word (or even worse, Publisher). Hence,
> save as a PDF, done.

Erm, this is a SCHOOL!

If they've got an even remotely competent IT Teacher then he/she could
presumably create an appliocation allowing the admin staff to enter the data
in a generic form and it to then be rendered both in HTML and PDF format.

Surely?!?!

And if they put their minds to it Westfield School could ring up Preston
school and say "fancy our app?" and work together... might even get Yeovil
College to chip in...

Surely SCHOOL websites should "showcase" the calibre of the teaching - not
send kids out into the world joking about "how naff" their school site is?

Sean