On 29/07/11 14:18, Paula Graham wrote:
Agreed Barry - that's the sort of thing we always try (and don't always succeed) - she hasn't turned up this morning when she was supposed to bring in her laptop - I suspect it's a driver problem on an older laptop. If/when she does turn up, I'll get more details of when she was in the channel and what was said.

Should I be sending people to the ubuntu-beginners channel instead?
no, I think #ubuntu-uk is the right place to send them, although they can of course try the beginners channel if they want to. The beginners channel does not seem to be massively active, it might be more a US timezone thing.

Alan

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at
http://libertus.co.uk