Hi there .... When I tried to re-build the module for my wi-fi dongle, I got the error that smp_lock.h was missing. I eventually found a workaround on a Swedish site! Simply putting a symlink into an earlier set of headers does the trick - this works for me. The file is in /usr/src/linux-headers-[XYZ], and if the earlier one is not available legacy headers can be found in the repo.

Might save someone a bit of head scratching. Should I report this as a bug? If so, how?

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/