I want to update the list regarding my printer.

I decided to go for the Epson Stylus Photo PX730WD after all, and it arrived this week. I just set it up today, and installed drivers I found online. The printer driver was specific for this printer, the scanner driver is Image Scan for Linux.

I have tested printing from Ubuntu, all worked well. I also scanned in a photo which went well. I have not explored all the options yet, but it seems that this printer works perfectly in Ubuntu and the print quality on plain paper is of a high standard, and the scan quality is also very good.

Installing the software was very easy and I had no hassles at all. Just as it should be. I looked at the printed instructions for installing in Windows which looked fairly straightforward, but after having found the drivers online already, installing in Ubuntu was probably easier than I expect it is in Windows.

I can certainly recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for something similar. It has the ability to print straight from a memory card which I tried and got good results.

David King