On 29 April 2012 21:02, Michael Daniels <michae...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> VLC player is said to be multi-region, mine will only play region "0" or
> region "2".
> There is a patch on "Community Documentation", starts, sudo apt-get install
> libdvdread4
> Next line says "Then open a terminalwindow and execute:"
> sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh
> Followed by, "Rebooting may be necessary"
> My observation is that both sudo lines require "open a terminal" , has
> anyone done it and managed to get it to work ?
> Any advice will be appreciated.
> Thanks, Michael

Hello, though I have not done it for a while, I had 10.04 running on
an old mini-pc, hooked up to a big CRT monitor and speakers. I could
play DVDs from all regions on this without issue, Japanese for
instance.

I did this using the method detailed above, basically installing
libdvdcss on the machine. VLC happily just played whatever it was told
to from there.

Should be as simple as copy/pasting the commands into a terminal
window, pressing "y" when apt-get asks and following the instructions
for installing libdvdcss.

Tl;DR
Yes, pasting those commands in should work fine.

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.
 www.krisd.eu