Hi all,

It is coming up to Ubuntu Global Jam season again, this is a bit of a unified effort from the Local community teams around the world to do some more concentrated activities around making Ubuntu better, promoting Ubuntu, or learning more about Ubuntu. The notional date for it is this weekend https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam however I think we can stretch the dates a touch to extend to the 9th March where there is another event we can coincide with, which is the Hack n Talk event http://hackntalk.eventbrite.com/ in London. This means that for folk who can make it to London there is a venue to get together at, and we can use Google Hangouts to stream video around for other people to join in discussions and activities.

Activites could include testing different aspects of Ubuntu, maybe looking at the Ubuntu Touch platform for phone and tablets, maybe finding out how to port that to other devices, or anything else really, the agenda is wide open!

There might be online activities this weekend in other countries, you can browse them here http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/1443/detail/ I will add the UK one shortly.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk