Hi

I use Filezilla a lot to transfer data between a desktop and a netbook, via a
wireless router. Sometimes these files are big (> 300 MB).

With small files there are no problems regardless of which direction the
transfer goes, or whether I am "pushing" or "pulling". With large files,
however, the transfer often stalls and the connection times out if I am
"pushing" the data from the desktop to the netbook. The same file "pulled" from
the netbook end always transfers trouble-free.

My instinct suggests that there is something wrong with the SSH server running
on the netbook - a configuration setting perhaps. Unfortunately I don't know
enough about the finer points of SSH to take it any further.

The netbook has 1 Gb RAM, while the desktop has 4Gb. Both are running 12.04.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks

Nige