On 15 August 2014 11:07, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
> On 15/08/14 11:02, Alan Pope wrote:
>>
>> On 15 August 2014 10:59, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I want to do it using apt-get, I'm going to have to use the command
>>> for every one which will take a while.  Is there a tool
>>> for automating this just a bit?
>>
>> Does this command offer to remove some?
>> sudo apt-get autoremove
>
>  No.  All it offers to do is to remove one package no longer required.
> Nothing to do with the kernel is shown.  Ah well ... When I've got time on
> my hands I'll go through them.  Thanks anyway.

Doesn't take long:-

Open a terminal and make it full screen.
uname -a

Note which kernel you're currently on.

dpkg -l linux-image*

To list what kernels you have installed

sudo apt-get autoremove  ....

Then in the autoremove line where the dots are (don't type the dots)
just copy/paste (double click a linux-image package name, then middle
click to paste), press space, copy/paste, press space.

Takes about 2 seconds per kernel. Just double click, middle click,
space. Once done, press enter, verify you're removing the right ones,
press Y and you're done.

Al.