On 21/11/15 22:21, David King wrote:
Does anyone have any good recommendations, looking in the £300 to £400
price range? Dell still do Ubuntu laptops but they are way more
expensive than they used to be (the Inspiron only cost £300).

I can recommend Cougar - http://www.cougar-extreme.co.uk/ The web site does not show a Linux option for the Laptops, but when you talk to them, they will definitely offer to supply the one of your choice with Ubuntu installed. Most of the guys who work there are Linux geeks. Personally, I'd go for anything Lenlovo. I'm on my second Lenovo Netbook, and paid less for it on ebay than I got when I sold my previous one on ebay. The new one is a much higher, faster spec too!

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/