On 20/10/2016 16:39, Colin Law wrote:
On 20 October 2016 at 15:27, Michael <michael.penllerg...@btinternet.com <mailto:michael.penllerg...@btinternet.com>> wrote:

    My " and @ symbols have changed from the UK layout to the American
    one.

    I have checked 16.04 keyboard and language settings and both seem
    to be correct.

    Problem found on switch-on today.

There was a bug that caused that intermittently on some systems, though I thought it had been fixed. If it is that then it would probably be ok if you rebooted. Otherwise have you got an icon on the top panel for selecting the keyboard layout? Probably a white rectangle with black letters indicating the country, should be En1 probably. If so see if there are options there, perhaps you inadvertently select the USA one. On mine En2 is the USA one.

Colin

     Tks Colin.
Have checked, don't see an icon that you suggest, I could try reloading 16.04 if it might resolve ?