On 05/11/16 18:38, Kevin Frost wrote:
Hi all

Running Lubuntu 16.04.1 on a PC with a Nvidia GE Force 7300 GS video card.

Up until recently I have been using the Nvidia-304.131-0ubuntu3 amd64
driver but it has been updated to version 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2. This
latest version caused problems with mythtv -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1639215 - so I have reverted
back to the 131 version and all works okay.
I have tried pinning/holding version 131, and apt-mark shows that it is
held. Unfortunately, every time there is a security update it show that
it will be upgrading to the next version (and did so today).

Is this normal for pinning and security updates (or any updates)? I have
tried using apt-mark and synaptic to lock the version.

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

Hi all

Should have said, this is the output of apt-cache policy nvidia-304

nvidia-304:
  Installed: 304.131-0ubuntu3
  Candidate: 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
  Version table:
     304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 500
500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/restricted amd64 Packages 500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/restricted amd64 Packages
 *** 304.131-0ubuntu3 500
500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/restricted amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Can't see any thing to say that it is held.

Kevin

--
Kevin Frost

ke...@g1bwt.me.uk