As most of you know, this Friday, September 2nd, is our scheduled Salem
Ubuntu Hour, normally held at Broadway Coffeehouse at 6pm.
Also taking place this Friday Sept 2nd is Oregon State Fair's "Mighty
Friday"  - That means fair admission is just $1 all day long, plus
admission includes concert, and all events.

That being said; what do we want to do?
Q1. Do we want to cancel this Friday's Salem Ubuntu Hour do to the fair,
move meeting time up one hour, or perhaps, all meet somewhere at the State
Fare?

As for myself, I'm in favor of meeting at Broadway one hour early (5:00pm),
then heading to the State Fair.  Below are some attractions you may be
interested in seeing while at the fair, which also take place Friday Sept
2nd.  If anyone is interested in ride sharing to the fair, please let me
know, and I can meet you at Broadway at 5:00pm.

*Motorsports  Championships:*
The finals of the Northwest Motorsports Series Spectacular, featuring
Monster Trucks and Tuff Trucks.
Friday, Sept. 2nd, 6:00-7:30 pm
At the State Fair’s Machine Mania Pavilion.

*Montgomery Gentry concert:*
Friday, Sept. 2nd, 7:00 PM
Approximately 6,000 general admission seats for each concert are FREE with
paid admission to the Fair on a first come, first served basis.
Or advance VIP tickets for $35. Your VIP ticket entitles you to: Reserved
Seating, Admission to the Fair.

*S.T.R.E.A.M:*
STREAM focuses on six aspects of education - Science, Technology, Reading,
Engineering, Arts and Math.

STREAM - First Robotics Competition Stronghold.
High school teams compete head to head on a special playing field with
robots they have designed, built, and programmed.
Friday, September 2nd.
Time: unknown.

*Glen’s Gizmos:*
A traveling museum composed of well over 60 hands-on learning stations that
bring science, technology, engineering, art and math to schools and venues
like the Oregon State Fair.

*Artisans Village:*
The annual gathering of artisans from Oregon and beyond.

*Laser / Pyrotechnics event:*
Oregon State Fair is proud to present a very dynamic, 10-minute laser and
special effects pyrotechnics event.
Nightly from 9:45pm to 9:55pm.

General Fare Parking is $5.00.

Please let me know what the general consensus is regarding holding Salem
Ubuntu Hour at the fair, or perhaps holding it earlier at Broadway, or
canceling it, do to fair.

Best regards
 Phil. N

* Sent from a system running Ubuntu  *