Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 9.04, and using the System>Hardware drivers link,
installed the latest Nvidia driver (version 180).

I'm using Gnome, and most of the display is fine, except for some KDE-
based applications.  In these applications, sometimes menus that have a
roll-over effect will get stuck in the 'down' state, even when moved
away from the area.  Also, sometimes text and icons don't appear in
rows, but as though on top of one another, and moving the mouse over the
areas can produce inconsistent displays.

The problem seems to be isolated to those based on KDE.  I've noticed
the issue with Dolphin, Konqueror and Krusader but not Nautilus or other
Gnome/GTK-based apps.

When I deactivated the Nvidia driver, the issues went away.  I also
tried version 173 of the Nvidia driver, and that has similar issues.

I'm using an HP HDX 18 laptop.
Version : Linux (x86_64) release 2.6.28-11-generic
Compiler : CC

Dolphin version : 1.2.1
Konqueror version : 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

I don't know if this is the best place to report this issue or whether
contacting Nvidia would be a better option.

Regards.

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 (Ubuntu)

--
Nvidia display driver causes incorrect display of KDE-based apps on HP HDX 18
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/380139