Hi Guys,

Would you be willing to test the latest mainline kernel build,
2.6.30-rc8 as of this posting.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds

We'll want to open an upstream bug report to make sure the upstream
developers are aware if this does exist upstream.  Otherwise we'll want
to figure out what patch may have fixed this upstream and will need to
be applied to the actively developed Ubuntu kernel.  Please let us know
your results.  Thanks.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: needs-upstream-testing

--
[iGM45] Connecting external monitor causes system to lock up.
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.