Hmm, looking at dates of filing it seems this bug should be the duplicate of
Bug #328484 rather, not the opposite...
Anyway, since this is where this issue is tracked now, I'll put info here:
https://launchpad.net/~morgwai/+archive/intel-displayport contains updated
packages of the driver supporting DisplayPort. It was built from the head of
display-port branch.  Please move to the new PPA as the old packages may be
removed at some point.
Many thanks to Sarvatt who explained me where and how to get missing header
files.

Cheers

  Morg

--
[G45] No DisplayPort support in -intel driver
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.