I may have been to eger to report this bug since it doesn't affect me
anymore, maybe because I also insalled the karmic versions of acpid,
acpi-support and pm-utils. This should also cover the kms quirks. the
only thing that doesn't work is dpms support. I can succesfully suspend
my machine by clossing the lid, I tested this with all my kernels
(2.6.28-13-generic, 2.6.30-9-generic, 2.6.30-10-generic and self
compiled 2.6.30).

About the dpms problem it looks more like bug #383973. but it seems this
started after I installed some mesa packages which missed the upgrade
the first time round (don't know exactly which and why).

maybe this bug should just be clossed as ist starting to look more and
more like support and not a bug, I would like to apologise for that.

--
[karmic]kernel 2.6.30-10-generic breaks suspend with video-intel 2.7*
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.