> I've posted a new version of the -nvidia driver to our xorg-edgers PPA,
> would you mind testing it either on Jaunty...

I'll give it a spin, though a recent update (within the last two weeks
I'd guess) has vastly improved the situation. As far as I can see from
my logs, I'm still using the same version of libqtcore4
(4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1), as when I reported the bug, so that must not have
been the culprit. And nvidia-glx-180 is still 180.44-0ubuntu1. Of course
I've had kernel and other upgrades.

I originally wrote:
> Specific apps. where I've seen problems:
> The help viewer for Bookmarkbridge.
> The entry edit dialog in Keepassx.

Last time I tested the help viewer for Bookmarkbridge, it appeared to
work normally. Originally the repaint problem was so bad that it was
unusable. ...actually, retesting it, it still does exhibit symptoms in
the form of delayed repaints, but much better than it was.

KeepassX is also improved. Last I tested it I still observed some
repaint problems with the dialog buttons. Today, I can't observer any
problems.

Now with the symptoms baselined, I'll try the updated nvidia driver and
retest.

--
window refresh/redraw/repaint problems with QT4 apps.
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.