This bug affects me as well. Looks like maybe a compiz/video card driver
memory issue because when I have too many windows open, opening more
windows causes the newly opened windows to be blank white.

Resizing the windows to be smaller can sometimes allow the window
content to render.

lspci:
00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C51 [GeForce 6150 LE]
(rev a2)

NVIDIA Driver Version: 270.30 (185)

** Summary changed:

- Blank screens have more than two windows open, wrong behavior in some
applications.
+ 11.04 - opening too many windows causes new windows to render blank white

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.