I can confirm this issue - I had the 11.3 drivers in maverick, then
upgraded to natty - so I have to go to the failsafe graphic mode, then I
tried to install new fglrx via jockey, ended with an error. So I
realised fglrx couldn't be installed. Downloading and installing by .sh
from ati website helps partialy. with --buildandinstallpkg Ubuntu/natty
it comes with same errors, but installing via just "sudo sh ati......" -
the universal way - helped. But it is the only way to install it.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  package fglrx 2:8.840-0ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: fglrx kernel
  module failed to build