not apply to me. Apparently it is for KDE-based Ubuntu desktop; I am
using GNOME.

* But there is a mention about a bug in Lucid intel driver (see post
#10):

"For what I've read, there's a bug on Lucid with the Intel Corporation
Mobile 4 Series Chipset, and it hasn't been fixed, so we're out of luck.
If anyone else knows more about this, please let us know!"

No specific reference pointed out. I wonder if the bug is related to
black screen problem I occasionally have.

  X display with Intel i915 driver occasionally goes blank after resume
  from suspend