> That's not going to happen, jaunty shipped already

I believe that you must have misunderstood my comment.  I don't mean
that Canonical should have skipped it, I mean that I (and probably other
users) should unless Jaunty is fixed, which is what I meant about
wanting change.  Jaunty had been stable, and then there was an update
that caused the instability.  Oh well, sounds as if this bug may be
fixed by EOLing the release.  No, I don't see the problem with Karmic.

--
Jaunty X highly unstable
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.