I also have repeatedly encountered this issue where the cursor gets
stuck rapidly and repeatedly bouncing between my second and third
monitor.  I am running Ubuntu Linux 10.04 32-bit with the latest updates
and the latest driver for my two NVidia GeForce GT430 graphics cards.  I
am running three monitors.  When I first experienced this bug, my mouse
and keyboard did not auto-detect the appropriate driver, now they do,
and the bug still occurs.

This happens on average about once a week.  I have had it happen three
times in a day.  I have never gone more than 3 weeks without this
happening.  I have lost work because of this.  It's extremely annoying -
and the issue is apparently

This is  a serious issue as the only exit strategy I have found is to
reboot the system.  The system is effectively hung, even if technically
it's not a hang.   I can telnet into my system to reboot it, although
one time I couldn't even do that!

I have found not tenable solution above.  For one thing, I am running
32-bit Linux, so Dan Brown's solution wouldn't be satisfactory even if
it was trusted software.

I have synergy installed, but it is not running.

Other people where I work are also experiencing this bug.

  mouse stuck jumping between screens