Could you provide instructions on where to download the correct source,
and possibly what flags and whatnot you compiled the patched version
with?  I tried to apply one of the regression patches a month or two
back, and while I patched and built successfully, my complete version
had completely killed any mouse and keyboard input and I had to
reinstall linux when I was done.  I would rather not have to start over
from scratch again.  I'm familiar with how to apply the patch and
whatnot to the source, but would definitely appreciate some more detail.
Or even better, a .deb package built for 32bit x86?  ;)

  xrandr --scale restricts area in which mouse moves