Hi,

Ahmed Shams wrote:
> - Regression: Touchpad always stops working on precise iff syndaemon is run
> + Regression: Touchpad always stops working on precise if syndaemon is running

I'm sorry, but that changes the meaning of the phrase.

It's "iff" (i.e. "if and only if"; c.f. [1]) and it always happens
after "syndaemon is run" (as in "run, ran, run", i.e. not simple
present, but past participle; c.f. [2]), but not immediately after
syndaemon has been started from my perception.

And IIRC I haven't checked if it works again if I kill syndaemon
during a running session (which IMHO your wording using present
participle would imply), only if I comment it out in my .xsession and
don't start it at all. (I'll check that the next time I'll boot that
box.)

So I changed the "iff" back and replaced the maybe misleading "is run"
with "is started". Hope, that makes it more clear.

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/iff
[2] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/run#Verb

                Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <a...@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin

** Summary changed:

- Regression: Touchpad always stops working on precise iff syndaemon is run
+ Regression: Touchpad always stops working on precise iff syndaemon is started

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.