I worked around this entire issue by uninstalling all nvidia drivers,
and installing the nouveau driver. To my surprise, it supports dual
monitors on my Quadro FX 570. While the accellerated animations are
performing fabulous, Chromium won't render WebGL 3D (tells me that my
card doesn't support it), whereas Firefox gives me approximately 0.5
FPS, and looks to be on software rendering. :-)

I am not using this box for any 3D activities whatsoever, so I am happy
for the moment. If I can find some time. As far as I know, all versions
listed there are all versions installed using the package manager. Could
you - just for the sake of completeness - try to figure out what version
you are currently using? (i.e. the one that allegedly solved your problem?)

Op 08-05-12 15:29, RonsonK schreef:
> I have not seen the crash since updating my NVidia drivers from 'post
> release updates' version to another version (forget the version)  listed
> in the  'Add Additional Drivers' settings applet.
>
> Fingers are crossed.

  Xorg crash