I found an easy way to get this update.  This might be obvioius to experienced
Ubuntu users, but it wasn't obvious to me.

In System Tools/Administration/Update Manager, under Settings/Updates, check
Pre-release Updates.  Then close the window and click Check.  You will see a
lot of proposed updates.  Go to the top and uncheck the heading Propsed
Updates, then scroll to the bottom and just check the Intel driver update.
Choose Install Updates, then go back to Settings/Update and uncheck Pre-release
Updates, close the window, and reboot.  This will get you just the Intel driver
update.

  [i965] Resume from suspend leaves me with black screen or a screen of
  the desktop before it suspended. Compiz hung in
  intel_update_renderbuffers() from intel_prepare_render() from
  brw_draw_prims()