Dave Lentz, thank you for your comments. Regarding them
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/1058040/comments/38
 :
>"The Firestream 9250 is based on an RV770 (RadeonHD 4x00 series) chip, so it
>is included in this bug report."

At this point, it is not included, as your point is in direct
contradiction to AMD's own website, as noted in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-
installer/+bug/1058040/comments/36 .

>"I've tried to update the description to be more concise. If you're
unsure, consult
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units";

Please stop quoting unofficial, non-AMD resources as fact. If it is not
from AMD's website, or from an AMD representative, then the information
you are providing is untrustworthy, and conjecture. Hence, please do not
add this into the description.

>"@Sean Fitzpatrick: I've marked your bug a duplicate of this one."

Please do not mark it a duplicate. For more on this please see above.

Thank you for your understanding.

** Description changed:

  Following the AMD decision to change to a new driver support model for
  Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 series cards as per
  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/legacy/Pages/legacy-
  radeon_linux.aspx , fglrx-installer installs non-working drivers.
-
- NOTE: All AMD cards based on R(V)6x0 and R(V)7x0 chips are affected.
- This includes some FirePro/FireGL/FireStream products as well as certain
- RadeonHD5x00 mobility parts which are rebadged RadeonHD4x00 parts. If
- unsure, please consult
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

  I suggest the addition of an fglrx-legacy package to install the AMD
  legacy drivers for users with older cards or patch the current code base
  for use with these cards.

  Output for fglrx 9.00 [1]:
  # lspci|grep VGA
  01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
RS780L [Radeon HD 3000]
  # modprobe fglrx
  FATAL: Error inserting fglrx
(/lib/modules/3.5.0-15-generic/updates/dkms/fglrx.ko): No such device
  # dmesg|tail -n3
  [ 6785.693869] [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers:
7132 MBytes.
  [ 6785.694089] [fglrx:firegl_init_device_list] *ERROR* No supported display
adapters were found
  [ 6785.694091] [fglrx:firegl_init_module] *ERROR* firegl_init_devices failed
  # dpkg --list|grep fglrx
  ii fglrx 2:9.000-0ubuntu1 amd64 Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
  ii fglrx-amdcccle 2:9.000-0ubuntu1 amd64 Catalyst Control Center for the AMD
graphics accelerators

  [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer-
  updates/+bug/1032672/comments/34

  !!!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!
  The following workaround has produced mixed results and left some users with
temporarily broken systems. It is not recommended for production systems or
novice users that are not comfortable with basic console/non-GUI recovery. USE
AT OWN RISK.
  WORKAROUND: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:makson96/fglrx && sudo apt-get update
&& sudo apt-get -y upgrade && sudo apt-get -y install fglrx-legacy

  This workaround will downgrade X to 1.12 and install the AMD legacy
  fglrx 8.97 (Catalyst 12.6).

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  fglrx-installer not working with HD2000-4000 "legacy" cards in Quantal