Well yeah, but Ubuntu without Unity and Compiz and it is stable. I had
constant freezes with 12.04 64bit with Intel processor. Freezes
persisted with every fix until I changed the kernal. Then with
subsiquent updates from Ubuntu not matching the kernal I eventually had
other little issues, nothing a big deal but didn't want to mess with it
anymore seems it wasn't how it was supposed to be. Stability also
increased with dumping neuvo(sp) drivers and Nvidia finally fixing
theirs. I'm not bashing Ubuntu, but there is definitely a problem that
shouldn't be there. I will stay with Mint until it's sorted out.

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.