Hey, this bug is quite serious and does not seem to be getting much
attention.

It was causing crashing and overheating on my HP 8510w. It would be nice
if the old 2D only "nv" driver could be supported in addition to nouveau
as that driver did not cause nearly as much of an issue.

If nothing will be fixed then at least the workaround should be made
clearly available. I had to disassemble the system and look for broken /
hot components to find the cause of the issues.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  No support for power management