No, I'm in Precise and had fglrx-updates installed. Ran a dist-upgrade and now
it doesn't work.
Purged that and installed fglrx and the problem has gone away.

The older version of fglrx-updates added... I don't know but it reported
my graphics card correctly when using glxinfo, fglrx doesn't.

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  139 (ATIFGLEXTENSION)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  66 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  13

https://plus.google.com/103793015655271814839/posts/1VAX6r3auMt

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Graphics driver fails to load following upgrade